Fatherly is looking for a smart, engaged, and eager Editorial Fellow to assist with coverage of our health and science, parenting, and relationships sections.
Launched in April 2015, Fatherly is the leading digital media brand for dads. Our mission is to empower men to raise great kids and lead more fulfilling adult lives. From deep-dive reports and books to podcasts and events, Fatherly offers original reporting, expert parenting advice, and hard-won insights into a challenging, but profoundly rewarding stage of life.
Fatherly is a rapidly growing publication backed by BDMI, UTA, SoftTech VC, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, and The Knight Foundation.
Role and Responsibilities
Fatherly is seeking an Editorial Fellow eager to get their feet wet and take on a range of editorial and social media responsibilities. The successful candidate will be an efficient and capable writer with a strong understanding of journalistic norms and an eagerness to engage with experienced editors working to grow a brand. The desire to do original work is key and an entrepreneurial impulse will be rewarded. Candidates with prior experience in professional environments and/or a degree in journalism will be given preference.
- Pitching, reporting, and writing original stories.
- Helping to maintain social feeds.
- Updating and rewriting stories in Fatherly’s content library.
- Writing for and posting to social-media channels.
- Assisting with SEO research and strategy.
- Four-year college degree.
- Some prior work with a CMS.
- Demonstrable understanding of social and search platforms.
- The desire to help parents.
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and three to four clips to email@example.com.