Director of Finance and Accounting
Fatherly is looking for a full-time Director of Finance and Accounting. You will be a leader on the Fatherly Operations team, reporting directly to the COO to manage the daily operations and long-term strategic planning of a dynamic and fast-growing digital content business. The role is based in Fatherly’s Tribeca office in New York City.
We are the leading digital media brand for this next generation of parents. By combining high-quality journalism with first-person perspectives, Fatherly has been able to capture both sides of the parenting market, provide a unique content offering in a crowded space and hone in on the insight that today’s parents increasingly share responsibilities and purchasing decisions.
We’re backed by BDMI, UTA, WPP, Uncork Capital, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, The Knight Foundation and prominent angels such as Gary Vaynerchuk and the founders of Bleacher Report, among others.
- Own the primary financial model of the company upon which key decisions are made
- Work closely with the Executive Team and department heads advising on strategy, reporting, and budgeting
- Prepare financial materials for external stakeholders (e.g., Board of Directors, potential investors) that align with company strategy
- Compare financial forecasts to actual financial performance, interpret results and variances, and give guidance on necessary course corrections
- Manage monthly close process including general ledger review, journal preparations, and analysis and reconciliation of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts
- Oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and cash flow management
- Identify and report on performance indicators and other operating metrics
- Collaborate with Management on financial planning and analysis programs
- Manage and present monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements to the Senior Management team
- Manage the budgeting process and create variance reports
- Identify process improvements that improve the efficiency of each department
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business; CPA preferred; MBA is a plus
- 4+ years of experience in a public accounting firm and/or a fast-growing start-up preferred
- Previous media experience is preferred
- Understanding of accounting principles and GAAP
- Fluent in Excel and experience in financial modeling
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong project management & collaboration skills
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- PTO and family leave
- Retirement plans
- Monthly speaker series featuring business luminaries across the media, marketing and technology landscape
- Regular social events including Happy Hours
How To Apply:
Please send your resume along with a brief introduction via email email@example.com.
We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.