Director of Finance
Fatherly is currently looking for a talented full-time Director of Finance. The successful candidate will serve as a key leader on the Fatherly Operations team, working directly with the CEO to manage the day-to-day operations of a dynamic and fast-growing digital content business.
Fatherly is the leading digital media brand for this next generation of parents. By combining high quality journalism with emotional honesty, Fatherly has been able to capture both sides of the parenting market, provide a differentiated content offering in a crowded space and hone in on a key insight that today’s parents increasingly share responsibilities and purchasing decisions.
Fatherly is backed by BDMI, UTA, WPP, Uncork Capital, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, The Knight Foundation and prominent angels such as Gary Vaynerchuk and the founders of Bleacher Report, among others.
- Manage monthly close process including but not limited to general ledger review, journal preparations, and analysis and reconciliation of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts
- Oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and cash flow management
- Identify, track, and report on KPIs and other operating metrics
- Work with Management on financial planning and analysis initiatives
- Manage, prepare and present monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements including KPI metrics to the Senior Management team
- Oversee and manage the budgeting process and create variance reports
- Identify and implement process improvements that increase accuracy and efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business; CPA preferred
- 4+ years of experience in a public accounting firm and/or a fast-growing start-up preferred
- Understanding of accounting principles and GAAP
- Fluent in Excel and experience in financial modeling
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong project management & collaboration skills
How To Apply:
Please send your resume along with a brief introduction via email email@example.com.