Fatherly seeks an experienced, knowledgeable, and enterprising Commerce Editor to add to our team. The successful candidate will be tasked with building out a comprehensive library of product roundups and buying guides to assist and inspire our audience of smart, engaged parents. The ability to smartly select and write joyfully about products is critical. So is the ability to work in a dynamic start-up environment.
Fatherly is the leading digital media brand for dads. Our mission is to empower men to raise great kids and lead more fulfilling adult lives. From original video series and deep dive reports to podcasts and events, Fatherly offers original reporting, expert parenting advice, and hard-won insights into a challenging, but profoundly rewarding stage of life.
Fatherly is backed by BDMI, UTA, SoftTech VC, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, The Knight Foundation and prominent angels, including Gary Vaynerchuk and the founders of Bleacher Report.
Role And Responsibilities
The Commerce Editor will be responsible for using search and demand data to assign product reviews and build out a consistently up-to-date content offering that drives the growth of an important revenue stream. This will require managing an ever-growing stable of freelance writers, managing a workflow and editorial calendar, and delivering reports that document trends and supply actionable intelligence for the business. The ideal candidate will have a mix of editorial and analytical skills and the desire to both understand our audience and cater to it by optimizing content for multiple platforms.
The Commerce Editor will be responsible for producing a high volume of content while managing internal relationships and supplying important deliverables. The ability to multi-task is critical and a growth mindset is an absolute must. Day-to-day, you will be responsible for assigning, editing, and writing content. You will be juggling assignments from freelancers along with analyzing traffic and conversion results from past efforts to form recommendations for improvement, and brainstorming to continuously develop new successful types of content.
- Creating the template for full-length product reviews (what information needs to be included, how should this be formatted in an article, etc.)
- Assigning product round-ups and buying guides to a stable of freelancers.
- Editing content for SEO, tone, consistency, and clarity.
- Working collaboratively with with stakeholders across several departments.Managing the commerce content budget.
- Source and onboard new freelancers as needed
- 5+ years in an editorial position and at least two years in an explicitly commerce-oriented role
- Comfort using data to drive product selection and content decisions
- Proficiency with content analytics programs (Google Analytics, SEMRush, Parse.ly) and SEO best practices
- Familiarity with commerce best practices, Amazon affiliate strategy, and SEO
- Strong network of top-notch freelancers in the industry
- Strong writing, research, copywriting, and copyediting skills, with a track record of producing high-quality content
- Desire to be accountable for growth and the ability to work independently
Based in New York City
Contact: Please send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org