Senior Editor, Branded Content
Fatherly seeks a Senior Editor to lead all branded editorial content creation.
We are looking for someone with a proven track record creating on-brand editorial that engages, informs, and entertains the audience. The right candidate has razor sharp typing fingers, a great sense of humor, and a sincere desire to help Fatherly’s brand partners speak effectively to our readers. This position reports to the editorial director and will oversee the branded content editorial team. Fatherly’s senior editor for branded content will help establish the foundation of one of the fastest growing branded content operations in digital media.
Who We Are
Fatherly is the fastest-growing parenting site on the web, targeting millennials and young Gen Xers who are entering the most inquisitive and acquisitive phase of their life. Described by the New York Times as “Buzzfeed meets Vice” for parents, Fatherly focuses on expert-driven, evidenced-based content, with a pantheon of esteemed contributors that include:
- Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala and her dad
- Melinda Gates
- Former US Secretary of Education Arne Duncan
- CTO of the United States Megan Smith
Fatherly has been nominated for a Webby two times in just its first year as Best Parenting Site on the Internet.
Growth To Date
Launched in April 2015, Fatherly already reaches:
- 40M people weekly on Facebook
- 2.5M monthly uniques
- 250K daily subscribers (with consistent 20% month over month growth)
A Preferred Partner For The World’s Best Brands
Fatherly has developed year-long partnerships with a variety of Fortune 500 marketers including Johnson & Johnson, Campbell’s, P&G, Progressive and The United Nations among others. Its Family Albums work with Spotify has been nominated by Digiday as the Best Branded Content Series of 2015-2016.
A World-Class Team
Fatherly is led by one of the founding employees at the Thrillist Media Group, now one of the largest digital publishers in the country. Its investors include Lerer Hippeau Ventures (Buzzfeed, Warby Parker), SoftTech (Bleacher Report), The Knight Foundation, Gary Vaynerchuk and a dozen others.
Fatherly In The News
Fatherly has been featured by hundred of outlets across the country including:
Responsibilities of the Senior Branded Content Editor:
- Lead editorial creation for all written aspects of branded content campaigns, including custom articles and video scripts
- Build and maintain deliverable calendars that balance the realities of content creation with the needs of the client across multiple campaigns simultaneously. Oversee and efficiently execute campaign-specific revision schedules
- Participate in all creative ideation, from internal kickoffs to client collaboration
- Understand the specific messaging for each campaign, and develop novel ways to integrate it into Fatherly’s unique brand voice
- Use editorial execution to help brand partners achieve KPIs
- Manage the branded content editorial staff; develop a freelance bench and the ability to scale the operation’s output opportunistically
- 5+ years experience in a digital editorial operation; at least one year’s experience working explicitly on branded editorial
- A proven ability to maintain the brand voice of an editorial outlet while simultaneously serving the needs of brand partners
- Experience collaborating with brand partners and the ability to “speak client”
- A strong understanding of the current branded content landscape and the ways in which it is evolving; a finger on the pulse of what’s working now
- A high level of energy, strong interpersonal skills, a sense of humor, and a good attitude. We’re ambitious, passionate and fun about our work; you should be, too.
Email us at email@example.com