Branded Content Video Editor
Fatherly, the essential lifestyle guide for young parents, has an immediate opening for a Branded Content Video Editor. This candidate will have at least 2 years experience in digital video, and demonstrates aptitude in editing mobile-optimized Facebook video.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a video editor looking gain experience editing campaigns for Fortune 100 companies. Your choices will directly impact the performance of our budding content studio, which currently has 2 of the top 10 highest performing branded content videos on Facebook (2017).
Fatherly is the leading digital brand for young parents. Launched in April 2015 by Simon Isaacs and Michael Rothman, one of the founding employees at Thrillist, Fatherly is the fastest-growing parenting site on the web, targeting millennials and young Gen Xers.
In the last year Fatherly generated over 1B video views, was named Oprah’s favorite website of 2016, and its success connecting with young parents was documented in Adweek, Digiday and CNBC. Fatherly has also been nominated twice by the Webby’s as “Best Parenting Site on the Internet” in just its first year in existence.
Fatherly has developed partnerships with a variety of companies including Johnson & Johnson, Spotify, Campbell’s, P&G, and The United Nations among others. Fatherly’s investors include Lerer Hippeau Ventures (Buzzfeed, Warby Parker), SoftTech (Bleacher Report), The Knight Foundation, Gary Vaynerchuk, and a dozen others.
You can find out more about Fatherly here.
What You Will Do Day To Day:
- Edit originally shot and UGC branded content
- Edit enterprise editorial videos as needed
- Supervise all aspects of post production
- Light color grading
- Light sound mixing
- Create customized graphic treatments
- Create graphics for visualizing data
- Vigilant media management
- Adapt and optimize workflow as business scales up
- Collaborate with producers and writers during development
- Manage and coordinate freelance editors as needed
What You Have:
- At least 2 years of video editing experience and an expertise in highly visual digital storytelling
- A strong sense of composition, and a focus on short-form styles
- Ability to edit up to three projects on one day
- Advanced knowledge in Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Fluency in Adobe After Effects
- Working knowledge of 4k and proxy workflows
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, work under tight deadlines, and communicate progress diligently
- Ability to be a dynamic contributing member on a team
- Attention to detail, including grammar and spelling
- Ability to edit in multiple visual styles
- Ability to capture the Fatherly voice and identify the shareability of each video
How To Apply:
We will not be reviewing applications that do not meet the applications criteria listed here. Please send an email to Careers@fatherly.com and introduce yourself in one paragraph and briefly share how your experience meets the responsibilities and qualifications required for the Branded Content Video Editor position. In the subject of the email please write out: “Branded Content Video Editor: Name” where “name” is your name.
Please include your resume and links to the following:
- Current Reel
- Branded/sponsored content video
- Text driven explainer video
- Example of data visualization