Audience Development Associate/Manager
Fatherly, the leading digital lifestyle brand for young parents, seeks an Audience Development Associate/Manager to add to our team. This role will be responsible for managing and increasing Fatherly’s presence across social platforms, search, partnerships, and newsletters while also honing the voice of the brand. The ideal candidate will have 1-5 years prior experience in a similar position and have an innate ability to identify and adapt to trends, with a minimum of 1 year of prior media experience.
The right candidate will have a passion for great content and storytelling, a knack for writing compelling copy, as well as unearthing and acting on trends in data will be key. You will work closely with all departments (editorial, video, product, and sales) in an effort to help package content for maximum visibility across all current and potential traffic channels. The position will be part of our growing Audience Development team.
Launched in April 2015, Fatherly is the leading digital brand for young parents. In the last year, Fatherly generated over a billion video views, was named Oprah’s favorite website of 2016, and won the 2017 Webby Award for “Best Parenting Site on the Internet”. Fatherly is backed by BDMI, UTA, SoftTech VC, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, The Knight Foundation and prominent angels such as Gary Vaynerchuk and the founders of Bleacher Report among others.
Analytics, Research & Reporting: Aggressively optimize all of our activities and understand user behavior – infusing it into the organization. You will oversee the interpretation of data, developing actionable insights for product enhancements and content development. You will develop impactful, actionable reporting to inform daily and long-term decision-making.
Email: You will help us manage and curate our email newsletter(s), aggressively identifying and implementing opportunities to grow its subscription base and optimize its performance, and keep a healthy and engaged list. Help to launch additional email products and features to improve the overall user experience — including on-site UX, partnerships, sweepstakes promotions and email syndication
SEO: You will determine how to incorporate SEO best practices into product development and editorial workflow.
New Opportunities: Create a strategy and define metrics of success for new traffic channels while leading the discussion on audience priorities. Keep up to date with digital audience trends and strategy in order to adopt, recommend changes, and elaborate on it to the rest of the team
The Audience Development Associate/Manager should have digital media experience and deep expertise in analyzing online consumer behavior and turning this data into actionable recommendations. The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- 1-5 years working in an audience development role or in a related position at a fast-paced, digital-first environment. At least one year of prior media company experience.
- A background in consumer-facing digital marketing, audience development, and analytics roles with experience in social media, email marketing, partnerships, SEO, and paid marketing, ideally at content-driven organizations.
- Firm grasp of audience development best practices and optimization tactics (SEO, email newsletters, and social platforms), and analytics tools such as Facebook Insights and Google Analytics
- Ability to think critically, deliver data insights that drive Fatherly’s strategic priorities
- Understand the importance of combining quantitative and qualitative data
- Proficient in spreadsheets, presentation software, and experience in creating regular reports highlighting trends and extracting insights
- Experience working with editors and writers, designers and developers, and sales and account managers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to analyze data and communicate it in digestible terms
- Entrepreneurial instincts, hands-on attitude, and a creative approach to problem-solving.
- Bachelor’s degree required
Based in New York City
Contact: Please send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org