Fatherly, the essential lifestyle guide for young parents, has an immediate opening for an Account Strategist.
Who We Are
Fatherly is the fastest-growing parenting site on the web, targeting millennial parents who are entering the most inquisitive and acquisitive phase of their life. Described by the New York Times as “Buzzfeed meets Vice” for parents, Fatherly focuses on expert-driven, evidenced-based content, with a pantheon of esteemed contributors that include:
- Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala and her dad
- Melinda Gates
- Former US Secretary of Education Arne Duncan
- CTO of the United States Megan Smith
Fatherly has been nominated for a Webby two times in just its first year as Best Parenting Site on the Internet.
Growth To Date
Launched in April 2015, Fatherly already reaches:
- 75M people weekly on Facebook
- 2.5M monthly uniques
- 250K daily subscribers (with consistent 20% month over month growth)
A Preferred Partner For World Class Brands
Fatherly has developed year-long partnerships with a variety of Fortune 500 marketers including Johnson & Johnson, Campbell’s, P&G, Progressive and The United Nations among others. Its Family Albums work with Spotify has been nominated by Digiday as the Best Branded Content Series of 2015-2016.
A Top Notch Team
Fatherly is led by Michael Rothman, one of the founding employees at the Thrillist Media Group, now one of the largest digital publishers in the country. Its investors include Lerer Hippeau Ventures (Buzzfeed, Warby Parker), SoftTech (Bleacher Report), The Knight Foundation, Gary Vaynerchuk and a dozen others.
Fatherly In The News
Fatherly has been featured by hundred of outlets across the country including:
What You Will Do
You will become a key early hire in Fatherly’s Account Management organization to support Fatherly’s sales team before, during and after campaign launches. In conjunction with the sales team and company founders, you will work with clients at Fortune 500 companies to shepherd award-winning programs to life, from branded content like the GMC-sponsored 940 Saturdays (a series named after the number of Saturdays you have with your kid from the time they’re born until they go off to college), a breakfast event series with Plum Organics alongside famous founders, academics and members of the media to social impact initiatives with Johnson & Johnson that reach millions of parents around the country.
- Seamlessly manage campaigns from ideation to execution and beyond, in a process that includes client kick off calls, asset collection and trafficking coordination with Fatherly’s Ad Operations team
- Coordinate design specs and copywriting with Sales and Editorial for custom programs
- Manage ongoing performance tracking against client objectives while providing campaign insights and reporting
- Work on optimizations and drive incremental, cross-sell, and renewal opportunities
- Prepare and present client campaign and account reviews that include campaign performance, learnings and recommendations
- Collaborate with Sales on campaign strategies for RFPs as assigned
- Be the expert and adviser for the Sales and Marketing teams on campaign insights and best practices
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree and min 2 years in Digital Media: Account/Campaign Management and/or Media Planning and/or Trafficking
- Experience managing key accounts pre and post sale and for renewal, including analyzing and providing campaign insights
- Experience with multiple digital platforms (display, mobile, etc.) and varying campaign objectives/setup (awareness, consideration, brand studies, etc) preferred
- Strategic thinker with strong research and analytical skills and ability to apply best practice recommendations for campaign strategy and advertising/editorial placements
- Prioritizes several projects at once
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced ever-changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills both internally and externally with clients
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, and the Google office suite
- Flexibility and willingness to work outside of normal business hours (if necessary)
Email us at [email protected] If you have a public presence on the web you’d like to highlight that you think is relevant or interesting, please include it as well.